Jessica Fairchild, Owner/Director
Born and raised in Southeastern Michigan, Jessica has a lifelong passion of soccer and working with children. As a child, she had played soccer in the club level and during high school. Jessica graduated from Grand Valley State University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Behavioral Science. Throughout college, she volunteered as a coach for a local recreational team, volunteered at the Special Olympics and worked with children with special needs. In her free time, she enjoys being outside and spending time with her family. Jessica has a passion for being a positive role model for children and cannot think of a better way to combine her passions while helping children develop skills that will last a lifetime.
If you have a passion for positively impacting children, we’d love to talk to you.
The “Three C's” – Coaching, Communication and Curriculum
The foundation of Soccer Shots is our relentless commitment to providing best-in-class coaching, communication and curriculum.
The best coaches in the business
- Every Soccer Shots coach must complete our comprehensive training program to receive certification.
- All Soccer Shots coaches are trained in the use of developmentally appropriate techniques.
- Coaches are routinely evaluated and undergo ongoing training.
- Our coach selection process evaluates not only the ability to coach soccer, but also the ability to engage and inspire children.
An exceptional customer experience with ongoing communication
- You will receive a weekly summary of what your child is learning at Soccer Shots.
- We proactively communicate cancellations due to weather or other circumstances.
- Our staff understands the importance of timely, responsive communication.
Expert-approved curriculum that aligns with early childhood education standards
- Our developmentally appropriate curriculum places an emphasis on character development and skill building.
- Our program is created under the guidance of childhood education specialists, professional soccer players and experienced and licensed soccer coaches.
- We constantly re-evaluate and update our curriculum to stay current with childhood education standards.
The History of Soccer Shots
Our founding partners, Jeremy Sorzano and Jason Webb, were soccer teammates both in college and professionally. They formed Soccer Shots® in 1998 after recognizing a lack of quality soccer programs for children under age 8. They shared an entrepreneurial spirit, a deep love of soccer, and a passion to inspire children to live fit and healthy lives.
The success of Soccer Shots in Charlotte, NC and Harrisburg, PA, where Sorzano and Webb first launched their businesses, led to several of their friends and former teammates wanting to get involved. In 2005, Soccer Shots began franchising and opened its first four franchises in OH, DE, FL, and PA. The business opportunity began to attract more soccer entrepreneurs, and Soccer Shots has enjoyed growing around the country and into Canada.
In May of 2009, Justin Bredeman, another former college soccer teammate, became the third Soccer Shots partner. Justin brought with him eight years of experience from Auntie Anne’s, Inc., a pretzel franchising company, where he led a team that supported nearly 800 franchise units. His deep understanding of the franchise business model also comes from the knowledge gained from his five years of owning and running a Soccer Shots business of his own.
In August of 2009, the Soccer Shots partners founded the Soccer Shots Foundation, the non-profit arm of Soccer Shots. The Soccer Shots Foundation provides opportunities to economically challenged children within the U.S. and around the world through the game of soccer. (Read more about the Soccer Shots Foundation here).
From its humble beginnings, Soccer Shots has grown beyond Jeremy and Jason’s biggest dreams, with over 170 territories across 34 states. In 2015, more than 275,000 children participated in Soccer Shots.
The business is consistently recognized by Entrepreneur Magazine as the #1 Children’s Fitness Franchise in the U.S. And today, Soccer Shots is positioned as the best-in-class children’s soccer program with a focus on character development.
And while the accolades are appreciated, our mission remains focused – positively impacting children’s lives.
Soccer Shots Franchising, LLC is based in central Pennsylvania, just east of Harrisburg.
Soccer Shots Foundation
We believe that soccer is a powerful vehicle for positively impacting youth. The Soccer Shots Foundation, our non-profit entity, allows us to impact more children who may not typically have the same opportunities.
Through our partnership with the U.S. Soccer Foundation, we aim to impact children who live in underserved communities throughout the U.S. through quality soccer programs that support their physical and personal development.