Programs are offered in childcare centers, preschools and schools, as well as public locations.
Our standard programs are outlined below. Every child is different, so the ages listed are suggestions. We are happy to work with you to figure out the right program for your child.
2 to 3 year olds
Soccer Shots Mini is a high-energy program introducing children to fundamental soccer principles, such as using your feet, dribbling and the basic rules of the game.
Through fun games, songs and positive reinforcement, children will begin to experience the joy of playing soccer and being active.
3 to 5 year olds (Pre-k)
Soccer Shots Classic utilizes creative and imaginative games to focus on basic soccer skills like dribbling, passing and shooting.
We also highlight a positive character trait each session such as respect, teamwork and appreciation.
5 to 8 year olds (K-2nd)
Soccer Shots Premier focuses on individual skill, fitness and sportsmanship, providing an opportunity for children to be challenged through fun games and team interaction.
Children will also be introduced to competition in a developmentally appropriate manner.
6-9 year old 4v4 developmental league
Soccer Shots New 4v4 Leauge
Aligned with US Soccer Federation Guidelines
Our concept at Soccer Shots align’s with the US Soccer Federations guidelines which has a few key points that we want to get out of the league play format.
1. Because we want our young soccer players to have more individual teaching time with the coach! Fewer players on the field will guarantee this! (Need to feel worthy…need to feel important)
2. Because we want to distance our young soccer players from the external undo pressures of the adult game. (eliminate extrinsic value)
3. Because we want our young soccer players to enjoy the game for its own sake. (foster intrinsic value)
1. Because we want our young soccer players to touch the soccer ball more often and become more skillful with it! (Individual technical development)
2. Because we want our young soccer players to make more quality decisions during the game! (Tactical development)
3. Because we want our young soccer players to be more physically efficient in the field space in which they are playing! (Reduced field size)
4. Because we want our young soccer players to have more involved playing time in the game! (More opportunity to solve problems that only the game presents)
5. Because we want our young soccer players to have more opportunities to play on both sides of the ball! (More exposure to attacking and defending situations)
6. Because we want our young soccer players to have more opportunities to score goals and make saves! (Pure excitement)
The “Small-Sided” environment is a developmentally appropriate environment for our young soccer players. It’s a FUN environment that focuses on the player.
Soccer Shots stand by US Soccer and truly believes in these concepts to help develop young players and give them the best opportunity to learn and have fun in the game of Soccer.
The Soccer Shots League Sessions will consist of the following:
– 25 Minutes of Soccer Shots Premier Curriculum along with our improved technical program
– Two 15-minute Games (Teams will rotate each week based on league schedule)
– Individual, as well as team coaching, during and in-between games
– 4v4 format to allow for many, many touches for each child (No Goalies)
If you have any questions feel free to contact :
Kerem [email protected]
407-567-7831 ext. 1