Soccer Shots Pittsburgh is held at childcare centers, preschools and schools, as well as public locations. Our public programs are open to the general public while our childcare center and school programs are only open to those enrolled at the location.
Soccer Shots Pittsburgh provides all of the equipment needed at each of our sessions. Your child should wear activity-appropriate clothing. Cleats and shin guards are NOT necessary.
To find public programs in your area, select View Locations at the top of this page.
Yes! We are always willing to start a public program near you. The easiest way for this to happen is for you to form a group of eight children willing to take part in a Soccer Shots season. These could be children from your neighborhood, friends from church or synagogue, or your parent groups. We’re happy to help talk through ideas on how to make this happen. Please contact your local director for more information.
Our weekly 30-40 minute sessions focus on basic soccer skills like dribbling, passing and shooting. Through fun games and positive reinforcement, children will begin to experience the joy of playing soccer and being active. We also highlight a positive character trait each session such as respect, teamwork and appreciation.
Public Programs Policy:
For public programs, if a cancellation is warranted, a decision will be made at approximately 8:00 am (for morning sessions) or by 4:00 pm (for evening sessions) on the day of the session. We will post cancellation notices on our Facebook page and on our website. It is the obligation of the parent/guardian to check our Facebook page for session cancellation updates. Cancellation info will also be included in the “From the Sidelines” section on our website. We will also send weather notices via email and text (if very urgent or last-minute) so please be sure you have provided us with a valid email address and phone number. Please add this email address ([email protected]) to your Safe Senders list so that our emails do not go to spam/junk (as this happens to people every season!).
We DO play in the rain, but not in storms. Because we have locations throughout the greater Pittsburgh area and our leadership team cannot be at every site at once, we rely on the weather forecasts from the National Weather Service and local news stations to make the call. Sometimes that works favorably, and sometimes it, unfortunately, does not. In light of this, we also rely on our coaches to make the call on-site if a storm does unexpectedly pop up.
Childcare Centers/Schools Policy:
For childcare centers and schools, we will notify you via email and include make-up details if applicable. We will work with the decision-maker/leadership at your child’s school/center to make arrangements for a make-up session and will also email you with make-up related details.
Soccer Shots guarantees to make up two sessions per season in the event of cancellations. If a session cancellation occurs, we will email you to confirm make-up related details, but please also refer to the section where our reserved make-up dates are listed and mark your calendar accordingly for these reserved make-up dates.
** Please also note – these make-up dates are reserved for instances in which a session is canceled. They are not available as make-up sessions for individual players, but rather for the children participating in that season as a whole, if necessary.
We often refer to this chart below when determining safe playing conditions in hot and cold weather:
Yes, we offer an automatic sibling discount when you enroll in a season. We also offer a military discount. Please contact [email protected] for a coupon code.
The enrollment fee is charged once per school calendar year and is non-refundable.
We are really excited about some of the services this has allowed us to offer our parents. From developing software that allows us to automatically update all of our parents with a summary of this week’s session, to moving away from t-shirts and into $35 custom ordered Umbro jerseys for every participant. Parents want their children’s experience to be excellent, and they are willing to invest a relatively modest amount extra in that experience when they see that the return on investment in our program.
Makeup Sessions & Cancellations:
- During spring, summer and fall seasons, whenever possible, we will use indoor space during inclement weather. If there is no indoor space available, we will make up a maximum of two sessions due to inclement weather (extreme cold, heat, or rain).
- During the winter season, if your school or center is closed on a Soccer Shots day due to snow or other weather-related issues, we will work with your school or center to reschedule up to two cancelled sessions or offer a makeup session at a different location and time.
- Makeup sessions may be held on a different day or time than the regularly scheduled session.
- Soccer Shots reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient enrollment. Upon cancellation, a full refund will be made.
We are sorry, but although we did occasionally allow for make-up sessions in the past, we are now unable to accommodate individual make-up requests. As our program grows, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find openings where we can fit players in for make-ups. In an effort to preserve program quality and consistency for both coaches and players at our sessions, we are no longer able to offer make-up sessions for individuals but will continue to offer make-up sessions when/if we cancel a session due to weather, coach illness, etc. Soccer Shots Pittsburgh guarantees to make up two sessions per season in the event of cancellations. Thank you for being part of the Soccer Shots Pittsburgh family. Please let us know if we can do anything else for you!
- If you chose to have a split payment option for one of our school locations, the second payment will process automatically one month after the first payment was processed.
We are currently monitoring the evolving conditions in regard to COVID-19. We plan to run all scheduled future seasons of Soccer Shots and may need to make adjustments to start and end dates as we adhere to the recommendations by the CDC and local governing authorities. As such, we are committed to communicating all changes if and when they occur. Due to the current situation, we will allow for a full credit to be applied for a future season with no restriction on expiration if the credit is requested in writing no less than 2 weeks prior to the start of our season.
- Refunds or credits will not be issued for failure to attend a scheduled class or a make-up class.
- A $20 administration fee will be deducted from the refund total for each child withdrawn.
- There is no refund of the $25 enrollment fee.
- No refunds will be issued after week 3 of the season.
- If a refund is requested in due time, a prorated refund will be issued based on the number of weeks that have already passed for the given season, less the $20 administration fee.
- Full refunds less a $20 administration fee will be offered only if a request for the player’s withdrawal is received by Soccer Shots Pittsburgh no less than 2 weeks prior to the start of any season.
- All requests for refunds and credits must be made in writing and emailed to Soccer Shots Pittsburgh at [email protected].
Arrival & Dismissal Policy:
- Parents must sign out children from after-school programs at their childcare center. Parents are expected to arrive a few minutes before the session is complete.
- If your child is to be picked up by someone other than yourself, please note authorized pickup person on the enrollment.
- Parent consents to release their child or children to Soccer Shots coach/es during the Soccer Shots session time.
If you enroll your child in Soccer Shots to participate in anywhere from one to multiple seasons of Soccer Shots throughout a school year, your child will receive a youth jersey. Youth jerseys are distributed one time per school year and are included in the cost of enrollment, regardless of the number of seasons you sign your child up for within that school year.
Jerseys are distributed via mail and addressed to the child. You will receive tracking information once the jersey has shipped to your address.
Please understand that if you enroll within two weeks of the season start date, your child is not guaranteed to receive their jersey before the first session.
Should you have any questions about your child’s youth jersey shipment, or if you would like to exchange sizes, please contact [email protected].
Please note, some Soccer Shots programs do not include jerseys, such as birthday parties, demos, free play days, and school-paid sessions.
If you need to exchange your child’s jersey for a different size, please contact [email protected]. Please provide your name, your child’s name, your shipping address, the size you received and the size you are requesting. You will receive a response within 1 business day that will include a prepaid return label. Please return your jersey as soon as possible. After we receive confirmation that the jersey has shipped, we will send you your requested exchange jersey. Please note, jerseys must be in new condition with the tag still attached to be accepted as a return.